Chore charts. Report cards. Standardized tests. Athletic banquets. Kids are inundated with messages about their performance. Because performance—work and reward—is one of the basic structures of our lives, kids often grow up thinking, “I am what I am because of what I do . . . or because of what I’ve failed to do.” How different this message sounds from the biblical message of redemption by grace!
PROOF Pirates introduces kids to God’s amazing grace through a five-day, pirate-themed curriculum for use in Bible clubs and Vacation Bible School. It explains the doctrines of grace using the popular PROOF acronym with the book of Ephesians (God’s grace is Planned, Resurrecting, Outrageous, Overcoming, and Forever) so kids know that it is not their performance that makes them right with God.
PROOF Pirates teaches children to remember that what God says about them is more important than what others say, and that it is God’s grace that makes us who we are. Whether using a treasure map to teach about God’s sovereign plan or a skeleton to explain how God makes dead people walk, PROOF Pirates helps kids remember the one message we never want them to forget.
PROOF Pirates features original music, crafts, skits, extensive leader’s notes and everything else you need to run a successful VBS for children in preschool through fifth grade. The PROOF Pirates Family Devotional is also available to reinforce at home the lessons learned at Vacation Bible School.
Your VBS Starter Kit includes:
- Complete Director’s Manual (on CD)—Director’s planning checklist starting ten months before your VBS; detailed directions on every aspect of planning, recruiting, advertising, training volunteers, classroom security, and protection against child abuse; recruitment ideas and printable forms for volunteers to fill out; decorating ideas; child safety details
- Printables (on CD)—including advertising posters, bulletin inserts, invitations, and name tags
- Worship Leader’s Manual (on CD)—sample schedule; script for five days of opening and optional closing assemblies (including song lists and scripts for worship leader and emcee); complete lead sheets including chords and lyrics for six songs.
- Preschool Classroom Manual (on CD) includes—schedule, supply list, five lessons based on the PROOF acronym, detailed instructions for teaching, instructions for story circle format, craft directions, and snack suggestions
- Elementary (K-5th grade) Classroom Manual (on CD)—games guide with supply lists and directions; Bible study guide with directions on how to present the lessons; craft guide with supply lists and directions
- In addition to the items on CD, the Starter Kit includes one each of the following items— one Proof Pirates Family Devotional; one Are You Close to God? evangelistic booklet; Proof Pirates music CD with six songs; one PROOF Pirates silicone wristband (sold in packs of ten); one Proof Pirates iron-on transfer (sold in packs of ten)
Jared Kennedy, Lindsey Blair, Tessa Janes, Mandy Groce, and Fletcher Lang have all served on the creative team for children’s ministry at Sojourn Community Church in Louisville, KY and New Albany, IN. They are the authors of Clap Your Hands, Stomp Your Feel VBS, and PROOF Pirates VBS and they want to see children learn about and experience God’s grace. Jared serves as Pastor of Families at Sojourn and is author of The Beginner's Gospel Story Bible. Lindsey coauthored Our Home is Like a Little Church, which was also illustrated by Tessa. Tessa has also illustrated several other books for children. Mandy authored What is the Church? and What is the Gospel?. Fletcher now serves as Pastor of Operation and Community at City on a Hill Church in Boston, MA.
"Set sail this summer on a sea of grace to explore some of the most amazing truths about God with the PROOF Pirates Vacation Bible School Program. PROOF Pirates comes with all the crafts, music, and instructions needed to produce a quality VBS. But what really makes PROOF Pirates a must-use VBS is the depth of gospel truth that fills the pages of this program. PROOF Pirates VBS will not only capture our kids' attention, but will ensure that they hear about God's inexhaustible grace—they'll remember this one for life!"
Marty Machowski, Family Pastor and Author of The Ology: Ancient Truths, Ever New; The Gospel Story Bible and the Gospel Story Curriculum and Devotionals
"In PROOF Pirates VBS curriculum, TULIP, the historical articulation of grace, is transformed and refreshed for a new generation to enjoy God and understand his ways. The music, skits, lessons, crafts, and games all work together to teach and reinforce aspects of God's grace as described in Ephesians. Let us teach our children with grace and pirates!"
Daniel Montgomery, Lead Pastor of Sojourn Community Church in Louisville, KY; founder of the Sojourn Network; author of Faithmapping and PROOF
"I am excited to see the PROOF Pirates VBS curriculum! In a fun, engaging way children are taught how amazing God's grace in salvation truly is. We are all prone to depend on our own performance, but this curriculum, drawing from Ephesians, helps children see that none of us can be saved by our own performance. Instead, God graciously saves 'scallywags' like us. I love it!"
Ray Van Neste, Professor of Biblical Studies; Director of the Ryan Center for Biblical Studies at Union University
"How do we teach children the objective truth of God's unmerited grace when we are unsure how to present abstract, theological concepts to children who think in concrete, visual ways? In the PROOF Pirates VBS curriculum theology comes to life through a variety of fun, instructive activities. The brilliance of the gospel sparkles as each day reveals another aspect of God's grace. Music, games, and memorization all emphasize that it is not our works that make us right with God, but it is Christ's work that accomplishes this. I highly recommend the PROOF Pirates curriculum as a way to enable children to understand God's incredible mercy and grace."
Maureen Bradley, Director of Youth Christian Education, Christ Presbyterian Church, Richmond, IN
- Sub Category
- 1.00 LBS
- 10.00 (in)
- 13.00 (in)
- 2.25 (in)
- Jared Kennedy
- Publication Date:
- Retail Price:
- Age Level:
- 3-5 Years, 5-11 Years
- BISAC Category 1:
- REL091000 RELIGION / Christian Education / Children & Youth
- Read a Sample: