Josiah Bancroft guides readers in a study of Philippians, showing how a deep and abiding joy is possible in every circumstance when we understand who Jesus is and who we are in him.
When times are hard and overwhelming, the command to “Rejoice!” can feel mocking or even cruel. How can we have joy when circumstances in our lives and those around us are so difficult? Studying the book of Philippians helps us know and understand the implications of all that Christ has done for us, in us, and among us—and how rooting ourselves in our identity in Christ can bring unshakeable freedom and joy, regardless of circumstances.
Philippians: Finding Joy When Life Is Hard helps participants see that through the power of the gospel we can rejoice in the Lord and live confidently on earth as citizens of heaven, no matter what we face.
- Nine lessons from the book of Philippians, including leader’s notes.
- Easy-to-use small group resource includes discussion questions, a short article, and practical application section that can be used for one-to-one discipleship, small group, or large group settings.
- Part of the Gospel-Centered Life in the Bible series examining how the gospel story is revealed through both the Old and New Testaments, published in partnership with Serge.
Josiah D. Bancroft IV is a church planter, pastor, and missionary, ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America. He has served with Serge since 1992, most recently as Senior Director of Mission, overseeing all of its ministries, mission work and publications. He is the author of Philippians: Finding Joy When Life is Hard. Together with his wife, Barbara, they trust God’s grace at the fray.
- Sub Category
- 0.65 LBS
- 6.00 (in)
- 9.00 (in)
- 0.65 (in)
- Josiah D. Bancroft IV
- Publication Date:
- Retail Price:
- Page Count:
- Case Quantity:
- The Gospel-Centered Life in the Bible
- BISAC Category 1:
- RELIGION/Biblical Studies/Study Guides
- BISAC Category 2:
- RELIGION/Christian Living/Personal Growth"