What’s Included on this USB drive:
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year A, PreK-K)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year B, PreK-K)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year C, PreK-K)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year A, Lower Elementary)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year B, Lower Elementary)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year C, Lower Elementary)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year A, Upper Elementary)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year B, Upper Elementary)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year C, Upper Elementary)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year A, Children's Church)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year B, Children's Church)
- Hearts Alive: A Gospel Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum (Year C, Children's Church)
The Hearts Alive Pre-K–K Sunday School curriculum introduces children to God through his Word with a strong overview of the story of salvation and how it ties to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Today’s children grow up in a sophisticated world of stimulation and entertainment. Hearts Alive recognizes that keeping children connected and engaged can be a challenge, and new approaches are necessary.
Each Sunday school lesson contains captivating content and a wide variety of activities that seek to engage a child’s emotions and imagination. Hearts Alive is designed to be adaptable for use in both large and small group settings, making it easy to adapt to churches’ current formats.
*Note that the Summer quarter for the Sunday school program is actually the Summer quarter of the Children’s Church curriculum for the corresponding year. The inclusion of the Children’s church curriculum in the Summer quarter provides a welcome break from the regular routine and accommodates the wider age ranges that sometimes occur in reduced summertime church attendance.
- Three years of gospel truth that follows the church calendar (lesson sequence based on the Revised Common Lectionary) and can be used in any church context
- Includes a variety of activities, including story-telling, drama, crafts, games, and even science and math problem-solving, contribute to an engaging and immersive experience.
- Weekly take-home sheet, which parents can use to review the lesson with their children
- Adaptable for use in both large and small group settings.
- Active support provided to churches through the Hearts Alive Community website (https://heartsalive.mn.co/)
The Bible Study Media Hearts Alive writing team comprises dedicated Christians and educators who have crafted each lesson with students' intellectual and social abilities in mind.
"Having been involved in children's, youth, and family ministry for nearly two decades, I know the desperate frustration of searching far and wide for compelling and biblically sound resources. Bible Study Media is filling a cavernous need in children's ministry curriculum with theologically-grounded, application-rich curriculum. Hearts Alive is a vibrant and engaging resource for congregations of varying sizes and age-breakdowns. It is extremely user-friendly for adult leaders who desire for students to come away with a Jesus-centered understanding of the lectionary Scriptures each week. By including accessible activities and a take-home sheet, this curriculum aids churches in connecting Sunday truths to the Monday through Saturday lives of families. I wholeheartedly encourage anyone who takes seriously our mandate to form and equip young Christians to utilize Hearts Alive!"
Adam Young, Priest for Youth & Families, Cathedral Church of St. Luke, Orlando
"At Church of the Ascension, we're excited to be using Hearts Alive, a curriculum that is both biblically based and lectionary driven. We want our children to know the Scriptures, to hide the Word of God deep in their hearts, and to encounter the risen Christ in them. We also want them to do so in concert with the Christian Year and, therefore, with their parents. Thus, following the lectionary not only engages kids in the broader life of the church, which is crucial, but gives parents further opportunities to disciple their children. Parents and children can talk about what they are learning since there will be overlap and, God willing, synergy between adult and children's catechesis."
The Rev. Matthew Ainsley, Assistant RectorChurch of the Ascension, Orlando, FL
"More than ever before, we need children that are grounded in the gospel. I am thrilled about the new children's Sunday School curriculum, Hearts Alive. This is a lectionary-based curriculum that is gospel-centered and will help meet the needs of children and families alike. I heartily recommend it!"
Rev. Dr. Winfield Bevins, Director of Church Planting, Asbury Theological Seminary
"Have you been waiting for years for a children's curriculum that is both gospel-centered and lectionary based? Your wait is over. Hearts Alive from New Growth Press and the folks who brought us The Crucified Life, is creative and engaging. Check it out. It's just plain good."
Matt Marino, Associate Rector, St. John the Divine, Houston; Board member, Vibrant Faith
"This curriculum is an excellent choice for anyone teaching Sunday school or leading a children's ministry. Each lesson comes with everything you will need to successfully teach a Bible story–the teacher's guide, a take home page, a craft template, step-by-step photos, and activity pages are all included and ready to use. No need to spend extra time searching for templates or visuals, because it's all there! The graphics are good and the format is very easy to follow, especially when working with volunteers who are new to children's ministries. The three learning levels are color-coded, which makes the lessons easily identifiable."
Adriana Christenson, Director of Christian Education, St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Lake Mary, FL
"Following Jesus's instruction, 'Let the little children come to me . . . for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs,' Hearts Alive: A Gospel-Based Children's Lectionary Curriculum innovatively approaches Sunday School with Christ-focused and engaging stories, activities, memory verses, and topics for children and families alike. Easy-to-follow lesson plans are teacher-friendly while also allowing for creativity. Hearts Alive makes children's Sunday School a week-long journey for the entire family."
The Right Reverend Gregory O. Brewer, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Central Florida
"In the cluttered landscape of children's curriculum, Hearts Alive offers a fresh and exciting advancement in educating and equipping the next generation. Lessons burst with life engaging every age with innovative and artistic activities that are actually relevant to the truly exegetically solid biblical teachings. Redemption Church has spent many years searching for curriculum, and with Hearts Alive, our quest is finally over."
Rev. Jason Bowman, Rector, Redemption Church
- Sub Category
- 1.80 LBS
- 5.30 (in)
- 6.75 (in)
- 7.56 (in)
- Bible Study Media
- Item Number:
- Publication Date:
- Retail Price:
- Age Level:
- 5-11 Years
- BISAC Category 1:
- RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Children
- Read a Sample: