The Old Testament Gospel Story Curriculum Download teaches children that the Bible is one continuous story pointing to Jesus as the hero. Designed to span one and a half years (six quarters), the 78 lessons present key stories from Genesis to Malachi, each highlighting God’s plan of redemption in a way that’s engaging, interactive, and easy to understand.
After learning the Bible story in each lesson, the curriculum shares how each story connects to the bigger picture of the gospel, tying Jesus into each lesson.
When used throughout their childhood education, this unique curriculum helps children explore the same Bible stories at three different learning levels. Best-selling author Marty Machowski presents the material in a fresh way for each age group, allowing children to see the Bible through a lens of redemptive history and build on their knowledge each time they journey through the Bible. This also allows families to talk together about what the children learned that week in class.
This could be the last curriculum your church needs to purchase! The curriculum comes in a downloadable PDF format allowing churches to print as many copies of handouts as needed without a limit on participants. The materials can also be reused at the end of this year and a half cycle. Teachers may also pick and choose the activities that best fit their allotted class time.
— Preschool Lessons: Ages 3-5
- Children are introduced to God’s big plan of salvation in Jesus Christ.
- Each lesson equips teachers to bring Christ to preschoolers with the help of a lesson snapshot, simple object lessons, coloring sheets, and easy-to-follow instructions
— Lower Elementary Lessons: Grades 1-3
- Lessons take a more detailed look at how each of these Bible stories connects to the gospel.
- Through age-appropriate object lessons, activities, and coloring sheets, teachers can help children see Christ in the Old Testament.
— Upper Elementary Lessons: Grades 4-6
- Reviewing the now-familiar Bible stories, older children will gain a deeper understanding of redemption in Christ as they begin to study Scripture for themselves.
- The developing minds of upper elementary children are challenged to search the Bible through engaging activities and utilize new activities and object lessons designed on their age level.
The lessons are based on the ESV, but can be used with other translations as well. Each teacher should also have a copy of The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments in order to read the Bible Story portion of the lesson.
The following companion materials are available and recommended to enrich the material for use in both the church and home setting:
- The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments
- Long Story Short: Ten-Minute Devotions to Draw Your Family to God (Old Testament Devotional)
- Sword Bible Memory Cards (Old Testament set)
- Gospel Story for Kids Coloring Books (New Testament edition)
Marty Machowski is a Family Life Pastor at Covenant Fellowship Church in Glen Mills, Pennsylvania, where he has served on the pastoral staff for over thirty years. He is the author of The Gospel Story Bible, Long Story Short, Old Story New, the Gospel Story Curriculum, the Prepare Him Room advent devotional and curriculum, Wise Up family devotional and curriculum, Listen Up family devotional and curriculum, Dragon Seed, and The Ology. He and his wife Lois have six children and two grandchildren, and they reside in West Chester, Pennsylvania.